Dean M. Weaver
Published by Multiple Ministries ()
Taken from the Forward:
A few months ago I began to do a study of the miracle Jesus preformed in multiplying the five loaves and two fish. It started out as one sermon, but I soon came to realize it would be much more than that. The was too much material to be covered in a few minutes. For about three hours a day I wrote on these studies. The period for the writing took about three months. The material contained in this book is the fruit of this extensive study.
The book's title, The Ministry and the Miraculous, is descriptive of what happened then, but it should not be limited to that ancient day. The church today, and those born again, baptized believers who make it up, ought to have a ministry of the miraculous. Jesus is the miraculous Christ, and He is still doing miraculous things. I feel that the study of this theme is appropriate and timely. If we faithfully perform the ministry which God has given us, we need to show people the miraculous character of it. It is hard for people to trust Jesus if they see no evidence of the miraculous in our lives.
I pray that the work God has called you to do is, or will be a ministry of the miraculous.
- Dean M. Weaver
Table of Contents:
- The Meaning of the Miraculous
- The Call, Cooperation and Consent to the Ministry
- The Wrath Towards the Witness of the Ministry
- The Weariness of Workers in the Ministry
- The Forgetfulness of Feelings in the Ministry
- Faith and Figures in the Miraculous
- Impossible Instructions and Improbable Instruments in the Miraculous
- The Significance of Sacrifice in the Ministry of the Miraculous
- Minding the Master for the Miraculous
- Preparation and Prayer for the Miraculous
- The Appointment of the Ministry and the Abundance of the Miraculous
- The Outcome of the Overflow in the Miraculous
Paperback 119 pages
Price: $5.95 on special